Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

Slow cooked potato & leek soup


This is the first time I've made potato & leek soup and I was surprised how easy it was in the slow cooker. This serves 6 and is lovely served with crusty bread rolls,  Pane di Casa or sour dough.

Ingredients:

  • 6 very large potatoes, peeled, washed and cubed
  • 2 leeks, washed, halved and chopped - white and green parts are used
  • 6 cups vegetable stock
  • 1 tablespoon mixed herbs
  • Salt & pepper to taste


Method:

  1. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker, stir and turn on the slow cooker
  2. Cook for either 4hours on high or 6hours on low
  3. Just before serving, spoon portions into your blender or food processor with some of the liquid and blend, placing each blended portion into a saucepan on low to keep warm
  4. Once the entire soup has been blended, serve into bowls, top with salt & pepper and dip the bread in…D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment