Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Banana and Kale Smoothie


I always thought smoothies consisted of fruit blended with milk. How wrong I was!!! You can add fruit AND vegetables to a smoothie and it doesn't even need milk.

I created this smoothie 6 days ago and have made it for breakfast EVERYDAY and am not bored with it. It's packed full of Vitamin B and Iron so give it a go - you will be pleasantly surprised.

Ingredients:

  • 1 ripe banana
  • 6 green grapes
  • 1 kale leaf (stem discarded)
  • 1 tablespoon coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon almond meal
  • 1 cup cold water (refrigerated, not straight out of the tap)
  • 1 tablespoon peanut butter


Method:

  1. Add all ingredients to a blender, NutriBullet or Ninja - whichever you use for blending and blend... viola. How easy is that?
  2. Drink up!

Delicious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment