Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Chicken & Asparagus Quiche


This recipe is courtesy of my cousin Kris who made it for lunch when I visited. I was so impressed I wanted to make it myself. It is easy, filling, tasty and very versatile. You could serve it with salad, vegetables or chips. It's definitely worth making.

Ingredients:
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup cream
  • 2 tablespoons self raising flour
  • 1 x 30g packet spring vegetable soup
  • 1 cup cooked chicken
  • 1 cup grated cheese
  • 1/4 cup chopped shallots
  • 6 whole asparagus spears (tinned)
  • 4 tinned asparagus spears chopped
Method:
  1. Beat eggs, cream and milk
  2. Add flour and soup mix and stir
  3. Add cheese, chicken. chopped asparagus and shallots, stir
  4. Pour into a greased pie plate and arrange the 6 whole asparagus spears on top in a star pattern
  5. Bake 180 degrees for approximately 35-45 minutes
Regarding the asparagus spears - I used 6 whole spears for the star pattern and another 4 chopped and stirred into the mixture. When you pour the mixture into the pie pan, you will need to spread it out around the pan, then add the spears. Thanks Kris - it really was lovely and I will definitely make it again. I will even try a tofu version for vegetarians.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment