Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Low-fat sugar-free banana cake


This is by far the healthiest cake I make. It has no oil, butter or sugar and is sweetened only by the pineapple. If it isn't sweet enough for you, it probably wouldn't hurt to add a little sugar to your liking, but I think I'm sweet enough XD

Ingredients:

  • 2 ripe bananas, mashed
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork
  • 1 cup pineapple pieces and reserve about a tablespoon of the juice 
  • 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
  • 3 tablespoons low fat natural Greek yoghurt
  • 2 cups self raising flour (or 1 cup wholemeal and 1 cup white)
  • 1/4 teaspoon bicarb soda
Method:
  1. Place the mashed banana in a large bowl
  2. Add beaten eggs and pineapple and stir with wooden spoon
  3. Add yoghurt and walnuts and mix
  4. Add flour and bicarb soda and mix through. Don't mix too much!
  5. If too dry, add the pineapple juice, if too moist, add more flour
  6. Bake in a pre-heated180 degree celsius oven for 30 mins. Poke with a skewer and if the skewer comes out wet, cook for a further 10mins.
  7. This cake is naturally moist because of the fruit, so take it out of the oven before it gets too brown and let it cool and set.
If you want icing - mix icing sugar, boiled water and pineapple juice to make a light glaze. Drizzle over the top and serve. However I just sprinkle a light coating of icing sugar over mine. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment