Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, January 13, 2014

Sticky Kicking Chicken - Jamie Oliver


My daughter made this chicken last night and it was amazing. Jamie's recipe calls for it to be served with a watermelon and noodle salad, which my daughter did make - but we only photographed the chicken because we didn't quite have enough salad ingredients so it looked kind of funny…not photograph worthy, you could say. But this chicken is really lovely, tender and flavoursome. It serves 4 with salad or vegetables on the side.

Ingredients:

  • 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (we used a double chicken breast)
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese five spice
  • ½ tablespoon olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
  • 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
  • Small handful of coriander, torn
Method:
  1. Pre-heat a large frying pan with the olive oil
  2. Place the chicken on baking paper (or between glad wrap), sprinkle with salt, pepper and Chinese five spice and flatten it with a mallet
  3. Place the chicken into the frying pan on a medium-high heat and turn after 5mins. If you've bashed the chicken really thin though - it will take less time, so keep an eye on it
  4. Once both sides are lovely and brown and you an smell the aromas in the air, remove from the heat and drain any excess oil from the frying pan
  5. Return the pan to the heat with the chicken in, drizzle with the sweet chilli sauce and toss with the sesame seeds
  6. Serve onto a platter and garnish with the torn coriander
D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment