Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Dutch Carrots in Maple Syrup


When you want a change from ordinary carrots, buy Dutch Carrots and cook them with maple syrup. It's easy, different and a winner with the family.


  1. Buy a bunch of Dutch Carrots, trim the greenery down to about 3cm and peel them
  2. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a frying pan, don't burn it
  3. Add the carrots to the butter, add a pinch of salt and pepper
  4. On a medium heat, cook until tender (about 10-15mins depending on their size). Ensure you toss (or shake the pan) regularly so they cook on all sides
  5. Once tender, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (the good Canadian stuff) and simply toss until warmed
  6. Serve as a side dish with anything! D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment