Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, August 2, 2013

Slow Cooked Lamb Shanks



I found a similar recipe to this online and adapted it for my slow cooker. It serves 4 generous serves and has a flavoursome tomato gravy which is perfect when served with mashed potato.

Ingredients:
  • 4 lamb shanks to fit your slow cooker. Ask the butcher to trim the bone down if they are too long
  • 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 onion, finely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 sprig rosemary
  • 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 cup red white
  • 1/2 cup beef stock
Method:
  1. In a large frying pan, brown the lamb shanks in olive oil, turning and browning all sides
  2. Once browned, add them to the slow cooker
  3. In the same frying pan, add a little more oil and cook the onion and garlic for 2mins
  4. Add the carrots, cumin and paprika, stir through and cook for 2mins then place them in the slow cooker
  5. Into the slow cooker, pour the stock, red wine, tinned tomatoes and rosemary
  6. Cook for 1hr on high, then turn down to low for 8hrs
  7. Serve with mashed potatoes and dutch carrots in maple syrup... D-E-L-icous  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment