Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chocolate & Almond Slice


I found a similar recipe in my old faithful "Commonsense Cookery Book" written in 1970, but as I was out of a main ingredient I had to change it, so this is my Chocolate & Almond Slice.

Ingredients:
  • 60g butter or  margarine
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/4 cup almond flakes
Method
  1. Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees celsius (fan-forced)
  2. Melt butter and sugar and let cool
  3. Beat in the egg
  4. Sift and add cocoa, flour and salt, then add the almond flakes
  5. Mix thoroughly
  6. Press into a lined shallow pan about 23cm square (it's easiest if you wet and use your hands)
  7. Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 20-25 minutes
  8. Remove from oven, let cool and slice into sizes of your liking.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment