Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Spicy Nut Mix


I was given this recipe by a friend of a friend about 20yrs ago. I enjoyed it then, but for some reason it was forgotten. I found it recently, made it and we devoured it in one sitting. The blend of raw nuts, salty rice crackers and sweet Nutrigrain make this mix something special. You can taste sweet, salty, nutty and spicy all at once like an explosion in your mouth...seriously!

Ingredients:
  • 375g raw mixed nuts
  • 2 cups Nutrigrain
  • 1/2 packet plain rice crackers
  • 125g melted butter
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon smoky paprika
Method:
  1. Combine dry food in a large baking dish (it doesn't have to be deep, just a large surface area)
  2. Mix the melted butter with the sauce and spices
  3. Pour over the dry food in the baking dish
  4. Stir through to ensure everything is coated
  5. Cook at 150 degrees celsius for 30 minutes
  6. Stir twice during cooking
  7. Remove from oven and let cool
  8. See if you can not eat all of them before you put them in a dry container!
Absolutely D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment