Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Weet Bix Slice with chocolate glaze

This is so simple, delicious and chocolatey. It's just the chocolate hit that you need with a hot cup of tea.


Ingredients:
  • 3 crushed weet bix
  • 3 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 125g melted butter


Method:
  1. Line a slice tin with baking paper
  2. Mix all dry ingredients and add the melted butter
  3. Mix well to coat the dry ingredients
  4. Press into a slice tin
  5. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 18-20 minutes
  6. This is really nice without the glaze, but if you want to glaze it let it cool, then ice with the chocolate glaze (recipe below).

Ingredients for the chocolate glaze:
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons soft butter
  • 1 tablespoon boiling water


Method for the chocolate glaze:
  1. Sift icing sugar and cocoa
  2. Add butter
  3. Pour in boiling water, beat well
  4. Spread immediately and leave to set.

D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment