Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Easy Gluten Free Carrot Cake


This gluten free carrot cake recipe I've adapted from 3 other recipes I've tried over the years. This one is so easy that it doesn't require a cake mixer  It results in a moist, sweet carrot cake that is so delicious that it doesn't require any icing!

Ingredients:
  • 125g butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup grated carrot
  • 4 tablespoons natural Greek yoghurt
  • 2 cups gluten free flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder (if you haven't used Self-Raising Flour)
Method:
  1. Melt the butter in the microwave
  2. Add vanilla and whisk
  3. Gradually add the sugar and whisk again
  4. Add eggs one at a time, whisking in between and after
  5. Add the carrot and then the yoghurt, whisk again
  6. Add the sifted flours and baking powder and whisk well
  7. Place into a greased, lined loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees celsius for 30-40 minutes
  8. The cake is cooked when it's brown on the outside, but still moist inside
  9. Remove cake from the oven, but don't remove it from the loaf tin yet - the cake is very moist inside so needs to rest for about 20mins and cool to room temperature.
  10. Serve sliced sprinkled with icing sugar...D-E-L-icious  XD

    No comments:

    Post a Comment