Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Tiramisu

This dessert is the first 'fancy' one I've made, but believe me - it is sooooooo simple and you will wonder why you haven't been making it for years. It is a liqueur dessert and is enjoyed on a cold wintery night with a hot cuppa.

Ingredients:
  • 1 large packet of sponge fingers (savoiardi)
  • 2 cups strong black instant coffee
  • 1/2 cup marsala (fortified wine)
  • 3 eggs separated
  • 1/3 cup caster sugar
  • 250g mascarpone
  • 300ml thickened cream, lightly whipped
  • Cocoa for dusting
Method:
  1. Pour the coffee and marsala into a shallow dish and set aside
  2. Beat the egg yolks with the sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until pale and thick
  3. Add the mascarpone and thickened cream to the egg yolk mixture, mixing gently until just combined
  4. Beat the egg whites in a small bowl until soft peaks form
  5. Using a large metal spoon, gently fold the egg whites into the mascarpone mixture
  6. Dip enough biscuits into the coffee mixture to cover the bottom of your deep serving dish
  7. Cover with one third of the mascarpone mixture
  8. Make another layer of biscuits and cover with the second portion of the mascarpone mixture
  9. Make the final layer of biscuits and cover with the remaining mascarpone mixture
  10. Cover with glad wrap and place in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours
  11. Dust generously with cocoa mixture before serving.
Absolutely D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment