Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beef, Vegetable & Noodle Stir Fry


This recipe is fast, easy, healthy and tasty. It serves 4 and is a nice change from your average stir fry with rice.

Ingredients:

  • Vermicelli noodles - enough for 4, cooked as per instructions
  • 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
  • Spray oil
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 500g beef strips (heart smart), thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
  • 4 green shallots, cut into 3cm pieces
  • 1 whole capsicum, thinly sliced (I used 1/3 red, 1/3 green and 1/3 yellow)
  • 1/2 large zucchini, sliced into matchsticks
  • 1/4 to 1/2 cup Hoi Sin sauce
Method:
  1. Cook vermicelli noodles as per instructions (usually they just need soaking in boiled water for a few minutes)
  2. Heat a wok over a high heat, add sesame seeds, shake and toss until brown
  3. Remove and set aside
  4. Spray the spray oil in the wok, reheat to hot and add the beef
  5. Toss often until brown, then remove and set aside
  6. Spray oil in wok again, heat again, add a little of the water and add all the vegetables, except the cabbage
  7. Toss the vegetables often, adding water occasionally to prevent sticking to wok, for about 5 minutes
  8. Add the cabbage, toss and add a little more water if necessary. Cook for a further 2mins
  9. Return the beef and the sesame seeds to the wok, pour the sauce over the lot, and stir through until warmed and mixed well
  10. Serve on a bed of noodles.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment