Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, November 14, 2011

Steamed Chicken & Warm Pasta Salad


I've never steamed chicken before and because I need to eliminate all fat, I thought I'd give it a go. I was pleasantly surprised! This recipe serves 4 people, is fast, easy and tasty just with salt, pepper and oregano. Feel free to add herbs of your choice if they don't upset your tummy.

Ingredients:
  • 2 chicken breasts fillets, skinless and whole
  • 3 cups uncooked pasta (I used spiral)
  • 2 sticks celery, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 red capsicum, roughly chopped
  • 1/2 green capsicum, roughly chopped
  • 4-5 shallots, finely chopped
  • 1/2 cup grated carrot
  • Salt, pepper & dried oregano
Method:
  1. Cook the pasta as per instructions
  2. Place the chicken breasts in a steamer. I don't have a bamboo one so used my used my stainless steal steamer
  3. Sprinkle the chicken with salt, pepper & oregano (or herbs of your choice)
  4. In a large bowl add all the vegetables
  5. When pasta is cooked, drain and run water over it to cool
  6. Add the pasta to the bowl of chopped vegetables and toss
  7. Place the warm pasta salad on plates
  8. Once the chicken is cooked (takes about 10-15 mins), slice and lay over the warm pasta salad.
Note: A nice variation to this is stirring 2 tablespoons Cottage Cheese into the pasta before serving. D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment