Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Low-fat Vegetable Curry


This recipe is extremely healthy, tasty, fast with a bit of a kick to it. It only uses 1 tablespoon of oil and is loaded with vegetables.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 1 tsp ginger, grated
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 2 tsps cumin powder
  • 1 x 400g can diced tomatoes
  • 1 cup vegetable stock
  • 500g cauliflower florets
  • 300g sweet potato, peeled and chopped
  • 2 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1/3 cup frozen peas
  • 1 tablespoon natural Greek yoghurt
  • 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, chopped
Method:
  1. Heat oil in a medium pan, sauté onion, garlic and ginger over a medium heat for 2 minutes
  2. Stir in curry powder and cumin powder and cook for 1 minute
  3. Add tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil
  4. Add prepared vegetables, reduce heat and simmer for 20mins or until tender
  5. Stir in frozen peas and cook for a further 5 minutes
  6. Spoon into serving bowls and top with a little natural Greek yoghurt and sprinkle of chopped coriander
Nice served alone or on a bed of rice.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment