Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Greek Lamb Salad


This recipe has been adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe. It serves 4, is fast, very easy and delicious. You will need at least 30mins for the lamb to marinate, but you can make the marinade (dressing) hours in advance and leave it in the fridge until ready to cook.

Ingredients:

  • 150g low fat natural Greek yoghurt
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
  • 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
  • 1/2 teaspoonground cumin
  • Sprinkle of salt
  • 450g lean lamb loin chop, bones removed (I used lean lamb steaks)
  • 2 tablespoons fresh mint, shredded
  • 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
  • 4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
  • 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
  • 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
  • Handful of sliced capsicums (I used a mixture of colours)
  • 100g lettuce (I used baby cos lettuce)


Method:

  1. Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic, cumin and a pinch of salt in a bowl. Pour 1/4 of this dressing into a pres-seal bag and add the lamb. Seal the bag and toss to mix the dressing through the lamb
  2. Cover the remaining dressing with glad wrap and leave in the fridge. Refrigerate the lamb for a minimum of 30mins, overnight is fine.
  3. Preheat a griddle pan on high. Remove the lamb from the pres-seal bags and place on grill to cook
  4. Cook 4mins both sides, remove and set aside for 5mins. Slice thinly.
  5. Meanwhile stir half the mint into the dressing
  6. Arrange lettuce and salad vegetables on plates. Top with lamb, drizzle the dressing over and garnish with the remaining mint.

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment