Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Vietnamese Stir Fry


This recipe is adapted from a Weight Watchers one. So it is easy, fast and lean. It serves 4 on a bed of vermicelli noodles.

Ingredients:

  • 500g rump steak, thinly sliced
  • Spray oil
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 and half tablespoons lime juice
  • 1 red chilli
  • 1 teaspoon caster sugar
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 4 shallots cut into 3cm lengths
  • 1 red capsicum cut into 3-4cm lengths
  • 400g tin corn spears
  • 400g tin bean spouts
  • Vermicelli noodles
Method:
  1. Prepare the noodles as per packet instructions
  2. In a bowl - mix the soy sauce, lime juice, chilli, sugar and water
  3. Spray oil in a hot wok
  4. Add beef and stir fry until brown
  5. Once the beef is browned add all the vegetables except the bean sprouts
  6. Stir fry until the vegetables are just tender
  7. Add the bean sprouts for an additional minute
  8. Serve on vermicelli noodles
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment