Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Italian One Pan Lamb


This dish is easy, relatively fast, tasty and very healthy. This serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 4 x 100g lean lamb steaks, fat trimmed
  • 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
  • 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
  • 1 medium eggplant, finely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 400g can chopped tomatoes
  • 240g dried pasta

Method:
  1. Heat a large, deep, non-stick frying pan over high heat
  2. Season lamb with salt and ground pepper
  3. Cook lamb for 3-4 minutes each side or until well browned
  4. Remove lamb from pan and set aside
  5. Add onion, capsicum, eggplant, garlic and vinegar to pan
  6. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften and colour
  7. Add tomatoes and 1 litre of boiling water
  8. Bring to the boil and add the pasta
  9. Simmer, uncovered for 7 minutes, stirring once during cooking
  10. Return lamb and any juices to pan
  11. Simmer gently for 5 minutes or until lamb is hot and pasta is tender
  12. Serve into deep bowls with lamb placed on top

Note: Nice garnished with basil leaves too. D-E-L-icious XD

2 comments: