Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pumpkin, Ginger and Garlic Soup


I found this recipe in one of the ‘4 Ingredients’ cookbooks, but adapted it to suit Weight Watchers. It is creamy, healthy and filling.

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
  • 1 litre chicken stock (I used chicken powder and 1lt of water)
  • 2 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated

Method:
  1. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan with water and stock and cover
  2. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes or until soft and tender
  3. Blend until smooth and serve into bowls
This soup serves 3 generous serves or 4 modest serves.

TIP: To jazz the soup up - add a tablespoon of Greek style yogurt, a tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and cracked pepper on top. This only adds 1 ProPoint per serve…
D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment