Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Slow cooked Corned Beef in ginger beer



I know many people don't like corned beef, particularly the smell of it cooking. Well this corned beef is deliciously moist, tasty and smells wonderful. It is so easy and only has 4 ingredients. Put it in the slow cooker before you leave for the day and it's ready upon your return. A very cheap winter warmer which is a hit with the kids.

Ingredients:
  • Corned beef (any size)
  • 1.25ltr ginger beer (any brand)
  • 1 onion, peeled and kept whole
  • 6-8 whole cloves

Method:
  1. Wash the corned beef and place it in the slow cooker
  2. Poke the cloves into the whole onion and add to the slow cooker
  3. Pour over the ginger beer
  4. Cook on low for about 8hrs or high for 4hrs....see! EASY!
If you want, you can make up a very simple jus in place of white sauce using the ginger beer...Add one or two ladles of the ginger beer to a small saucepan and warm gently. Add some of the onion which has now broken down during cooking. Add some cornflour to thicken and cracked pepper. You can make the sauce as runny or thick as you like.
D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment