Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Tomato and Vegetable Soup



This is a simple, fast and healthy soup which you can make ahead of time and keep in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days. It serves 4 and is lovely with a wholegrain bread roll).

Ingredients:

  • 1 medium brown onion, coarsely chopped
  • 1 celery stick, trimmed and sliced
  • 1 medium carrot, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 medium green capsicum, cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 garlic clove finely chopped
  • 400g tinned tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
  • 1 litre vegetable stock
  • 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
  • 4 large wholegrain bread rolls
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

  1. Combine onion, celery, carrot, zuccini, garlic and capsicum in a large saucepan over high heat
  2. Add tomatoes, salt & pepper to taste, tomato paste and stock and bring to the boil
  3. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 10 minutes
  4. Add chickpeas and stir
  5. Simmer for a further 5 minutes
  6. Serve soup with rolls.

D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment