Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ham steak with egg and spinach leaves


After 2 weeks of tummy problems I am trying a gluten-free diet. Already within 2 days I've noticed an improvement in my wellbeing. I made this for lunch yesterday and it was delicious.

Ingredients:

  • 1 ham steak (I carved off a 1cm thick piece of ham off the bone)
  • 1 fried egg (lightly fried in spray oil)
  • A handful of baby spinach leaves


Method:

  1. Spray a frying pan with olive oil spray
  2. Cook the ham steak on a medium to high heat for 5mins each side
  3. Cook the egg to your liking
  4. Layer the ham steak, then the egg then the spinach leaves
  5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper


EASY! FAST! TASTY! GLUTEN-FREE...D-E-L-icious  XD

Gluten is a rubbery protein found in grains including wheat, rye, oats and barley. Patients with Coeliac disease are sensitive to gluten which damages the lining of the small bowel. Coeliac Disease can be managed by sticking to a strict gluten-free diet and a person with Coeliac Disease can still enjoy a varied diet if they fully understand the gluten-free diet. Foods to avoid include bread, batter, baked goods, pasta, meat products containing gluten, and beer. It is important to consult with a dietitian with experience in coeliac disease.Should you wish to know more about gluten-free diets and what it means to have Coeliac Disease, this website is quite useful. Also read more from the Coeliac Society of Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment