Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Chocolate and Walnut Slice


Wow! This slice is more-ish. As soon as it cooled, we ate half of it in one sitting. This will definitely be on the menu again very soon. This makes 12 slices in a 24cm square lamington tray.

Ingredients:

  • 60g butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 tblspn cocoa
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • Pinch salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Method:
  1. Pre-heat over to 160 degrees celsius
  2. Melt butter and sugar
  3. Beat egg in a medium bow and add the melted butter and sugar and mix well
  4. Sift and add the flour and cocoa to the bowl
  5. Add salt and chopped walnuts and mix well
  6. Spread into a lined 24cm square lamington tray and bake for 20-25 minutes
  7. When cooked, remove from oven and let cool
  8. Sprinkle with icing sugar if you like...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment