Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Banana and Walnut Cake - fast, easy and healthy


This cake was made by accident when I forgot to add eggs. So if you're out of eggs...no worries! If you're out of oil...no worries! If you're out of butter...no worries! And if you're out of milk...still no worries. This cake takes all traditional cake ingredients of butter, oil, milk and eggs and throws them out the window. Buy yourself some low-fat natural Greek yoghurt - it is versatile and is an excellent substitute for cake mixes. This cake is low-fat, simple to make and moist as!

Ingredients:

  • 2 small or 1 large very ripe banana, mashed
  • 4 tablespoons low-fat natural Greek yoghurt
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 and 1/2 cups self raising flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence


Method:

  1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
  2. Throw all ingredients into a medium sized bowl and mix with a wooden spoon
  3. Pour into a cake pan or loaf tin
  4. Cook for 30 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
Could it be any easier? No way!  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment