Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, February 24, 2014

Chicken Cordon Bleu - Gluten free, Lactose free, low FODMAP

Image courtesy of 4Play - 4 Ingredients

Now before you say…hey, that looks like a professional photo…it is! I made these last night and plum forgot to take a pic. I know…talk about forgetful. But I am being honest here - mine DID look exactly like these, well without the rose petals on the plate of course!

OK these were a W.I.N.N.E.R - even with fussy Mr 12. Now as you know, I don't eat real bread crumbs so I replaced the breadcrumbs with rice crumbs. This served 4 with vegetables on the side.

Ingredients:

  • 2 large chicken fillets, sliced in half and beaten until 1cm thick
  • 4 rashers of bacon
  • 4 slices of tasty cheese (use lactose free if you are lactose intolerant)
  • ½ cup rice crumbs, seasoned with salt & pepper


Method:

  1. Once you've beaten the chicken fillets to 1cm thick, lay them on baking paper
  2. Place the bacon on the chicken breast
  3. Place the cheese on top of the bacon
  4. Roll up, tucking the ends in, and secure with toothpicks
  5. Roll in the rice crumbs until covered, but not too thick
  6. Cook in 180 degrees celsius oven for 30-35mins, or until crumbs are golden


D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment