Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, June 1, 2015

Banana and choc chip cake - slow cooked


Who knew you could make a cake in a slow cooker? Well it seems you can. I was sceptical and refused for many months...until today.

This cake is light and moist and versatile. You can omit the choc chips, substitute with white or dark choc chips, add chopped nuts or even some seeds. This is how it's done...

Ingredients:
  • 2 Eggs
  • ½ cup butter (melted in microwave)
  • ¾ cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup plain white flour
  • 1 cup wholemeal flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 3 medium bananas -mashed
  • 1 cup milk chocolate chips

Method:
  1. In a bowl combine butter, eggs and sugar. Mix well
  2. Add in baking powder, baking soda, salt and 1 cup flour. Mix well
  3. Add in the other cup of flour. Mixture should be thick
  4. Mash Bananas well and then add to mixture. Mix well
  5. Add the choc chips and mix well 
  6. Place 3 metal egg rings in the bottom of the slow cooker and add 1 cup of water to the empty slow cooker
  7. Place the cake mixture into a round silicone cake mold and place the cake mold on top of the egg rings
  8. Cook for 4 hours on low with a tea towel placed under the slow cooker lid
  9. The cake is cooked when a skewer comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment