Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Nell's Herb Chicken


This is a wonderfully tasty recipe which also looks delicious. It serves 4 and I serve it with brown rice.

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breast fillets
  • 1 teaspoon each of dried coriander, thyme, rosemary and oregano
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1/2 zucchini, diced
  • 1/2 green capsicum, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 large tomato, chopped
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
  • 1/2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
Method:
  1. Place the chicken breast fillets in a large bowl and sprinkle all the dried herbs over each piece of chicken, plus salt & pepper. Ensure all sides of the chicken are coated
  2. Heat oil in a large pan or wok
  3. Add chicken to the pan and cook on a medium-high heat for about 8 minutes each side
  4. Remove from pan and keep warm
  5. Using the juices and herbs left in the pan, add a little more oil, then the onion and garlic and fry while stirring
  6. After 5 minutes, add capsicum, zucchini and tomato with a little more salt & pepper
  7. Stir thoroughly and cook for 10 minutes. If it dries out, add a tablespoon of water
  8. Place rice on plates, then the chicken and the vegetable mixture over the top
  9. Garnish with fresh coriander and parsley
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment