Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Vegetarian Spaghetti Bolognaise

I found this packet of Quorn vegetarian mince in the freezer section of Woolies so bought it to try Spaghetti Bolognaise. I was sceptical but thought I'd give it a try. I've taken a few photos of this meal: the packet of mince, how it looks in the pan, how it looks once sauce and vegies were added, then after I served it. I must admit we all loved it and did not notice that it wasn't mince beef. It serves 4.

Ingredients:

  • 1 packet of Quorn meat free, soy free mince
  • 1 onion, peeled and chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
  • 4 mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup sliced olives
  • 10 sun-dried tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1/2 green capsicum
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 teaspoon Italian herbs
  • Salt & pepper
  • Jar of pasta sauce of your liking
  • Spaghetti for 4 people
Method:
  1. Cook spaghetti per packet instructions
  2. Heat oil in saucepan and fry onion and garlic until onion goes clear
  3. Add mushrooms, capsicum, olives and sun-dried tomatoes and stir
  4. Add salt, pepper and Italian herbs
  5. Cook for 5-8 minutes stirring often
  6. Place into a bowl and return empty pan to medium heat
  7. Place the frozen Quorn mince directly into the pan and break it up as best you can. I left the mince out to thaw for about 10 minutes while I prepared the vegetables
  8. Add the pasta sauce and mix through the Quorn mince. Let cook for 5 minutes
  9. Return the vegetables to the pan and stir through the Bolognaise
  10. Cook for a further 5 minutes
  11. Serve on hot spaghetti, add cheese and parsley if you wish.
D-E-L-icious  XD




No comments:

Post a Comment