Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Prawn Laksa


I have a confession to make...I don't like most seafood. The only seafood I like is BBQ Salmon steaks, tinned tuna, muscles if they are in my paella and crumbed fish which you simply throw in the oven. So my poor family who love all seafood only gets to eat prawns, oysters, octopus, calamari, etc when we dine out or if Tony buys and cooks it. So today he brought home some prawns and I had an idea. The family likes laksa so I decided to make Prawn Laksa :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 2 teaspoons red curry paste
  • 2 and 1/2 cups of chicken stock
  • 1 400g tin corn spears
  • 1 cup bamboo shoots
  • 1 and 1/2 cups low fat Greek yoghurt
  • 1 teaspoon brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
  • 2 tablespoons fish sauce
  • 100g Laksa or vermicelli noodles
  • 5 button mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
  • 20 large raw prawns, peeled and deveined (of course I got hubby to do this! lol)
  • 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
Method:
  1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat
  2. Add garlic and curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring
  3. Add stock, yoghurt, sugar, salt and fish sauce and whisk
  4. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes uncovered
  5. While simmering, soak the noodles in a bowl of boiled water for 10 minutes
  6. Add mushrooms, corn spears and bamboo shoots to laksa, stir through and cook for 2 minutes
  7. Add prawns and cook for a further 2 minutes
  8. Drain noodles under cold water, place in bottom of soup bowl
  9. Pour laksa over noodles and garnish with coriander
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment