Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Chicken & Salad with Satay Sauce

I am eating very small portions at present during a major gall bladder attack!

This is a very quick and simple fresh and healthy meal suitable for lunch or dinner. You can use BBQ chicken from the supermarket (without the skin) or a chicken breast which you can pan fry in spray oil or steam. Steaming would certainly be the most healthy option, however I had some left over cooked chicken breast from the night before which had been pan-fried in spray oil and a drizzle of soy sauce - so I used that. This meal serves 4-5.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cooked chicken breasts - without skin, thinly sliced
  • Bag of mixed green leaves, washed and dried
  • Half a telegraph cucumber, roughly chopped
  • 4 sticks celery, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 red capsicum, roughly chopped
  • 2 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon soy sauce
  • Enough warm water to smooth to a slightly runny sauce
Method:
  1. In a small saucepan place the peanut butter, honey and soy sauce. Add some warm water and whisk together on a low heat until the sauce is the consistency you prefer. Add as much or as little water as you want
  2. Keep the sauce on a very low heat and go to step 3
  3. Place a handful of mixed salad leaves on the plate
  4. Add the chopped salad vegetables
  5. Place the sliced chicken breast on top of salad
  6. With a spoon drizzle the satay sauce over the chicken
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment