Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Tofu Stir Fry


This dish is very healthy and suitable for vegetarians and vegans. It is very quick and easy to make and serves 4.

Ingredients:
  • 1 packet marinated tofu (I used Chinese Honey Soy flavour)
  • 400g tin corn spears
  • 400g tin bean sprouts
  • Large handful snow peas, ends removed
  • 1 red capsicum, sliced thickly
  • 1/4tsp Chinese 5 Spice
  • Pince salt & pepper
  • Steamed Jasmine rice
  • Spray oil
Method:
  1. Cook rice as per instructions
  2. Spray a wok with a quick spray of spray oil
  3. On a medium-high heat cook the tofu
  4. After a few minutes turn and cook the other side - it doesn't take long so watch it
  5. When browned on both sides, remove and set aside
  6. Spray wok with oil again and add 1/4 cup water to the wok with the 5 Spice, stir
  7. Add the capsicum and snow peas and stir fry for about 5mins
  8. Add the corn spears and bean sprouts, stir-fry for another 5mins, adding more water if necessary
  9. Add tofu and toss all together
  10. Serve on a bed of Jasmine rice
  11. If a bit dry, dilute some soy sauce with water and drizzle over
Here is the packet of tofu I used and it's fat content...

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment