Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chicken, Shallots & Snow Pea Stir Fry


This recipe idea came from the Woolworths website, however I've adapted it to suit my gallbladder diet so it it extremely healthy, tasty and fast to make. This serves 4.

Ingredients:

  • Steamed Jasmine rice
  • 100g blanched almonds
  • 1/4 cup oyster sauce
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • Spray oil
  • 400g chicken breast, skinless and sliced stir-fry style
  • 4 or 5 shallots, cut into 3cm lengths
  • 150g snow peas, ends removed
  • 1 small zucchini, sliced stir-fry style
  • 1/2 cauliflower, cut into small pieces
Method:
  1. Heat wok over medium heat, spray a quick spray of oil, add almonds and cook 4-5 mins, tossing until light golden brown. Remove and set aside
  2. Combine oyster sauce and brown sugar in a cup, mix enough warm water to thin out a little and set aside
  3. Heat wok over high heat until very hot, add spray oil and cook the chicken in batches if necessary, turning until browned and then set aside
  4. Add another spray of spray oil and 1/4 cup water, mix the juices from the wok and add the vegetables
  5. Cook vegetables while stirring for about 5mins
  6. Return the chicken to the wok and mix with the vegetables, add the sauce, sugar & water mixture and stir through
  7. Cook for another minute then stir in the almonds
  8. Serve over a bed of steamed Jasmine rice.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment