Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Green Veg Stir Fry with Almonds


This recipe is easy, fast, healthy, vegetarian, low-fat and tasty. It serves one alone, or 2 with steamed rice. It's quite versatile - you can add whatever fresh vegetables you want.


Ingredients:
  • 1/4 cup almonds
  • 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
  • 1 tsp brown sugar
  • Spray oil
  • 5 shallots, cut into 3cm lengths
  • 1 head of broccoli, stem removed and cut into small florets
  • 1 carrot, peeled and cut into narrow 3cm long pieces

Method:
  1. Heat wok over high heat, spray a quick spray of oil, add almonds and cook 4-5 mins, tossing until light golden brown. Remove and set aside
  2. Combine oyster sauce and brown sugar in a cup, mix enough warm water to thin out a little and set aside
  3. Heat wok over high heat until very hot, add spray oil, add 1/4 cup water water for steaming add the carrots first. Toss regularly for about a minute
  4. Add the broccoli and toss for another minute. Add more water if it's drying out
  5. Finally add the sauce and shallots - and toss for another minute
  6. Return the almonds to the wok and stir through
  7. Either serve alone or over a bed of steamed jasmine rice.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment