Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Healthilicious Pizza


This home-made pizza is extremely low fat, very healthy, deliciously tasty and so very simple. This serves 1 pizza (6 pieces).

Ingredients:
  • Flat Lebanese bread (wholemeal)
  • Low-fat Fetta cheese, finely chopped
  • Sliced black olives
  • Pineapple pieces
  • Capsicums - red, green & yellow, finely chopped
  • Garlic, finely chopped
  • Shallots, finely chopped
  • Mushrooms, finely sliced
  • Salsa (mild)
  • Chili flakes (optional)
  • Oregano, thyme & rosemary
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven for 10mins on 180 degrees celsius
  2. Spoon a tablespoon of salsa onto a piece of Lebanese bread (this is the tomato base)
  3. Add all the toppings
  4. Sprinkle the chili flakes if you like it spicy
  5. Cook for 10-12 minutes
  6. Serve sliced into 6 pieces
I've also made one of these pizzas with tinned tomatoes as the base, topped with grilled eggplant, garlic and crumbled low-fat fetta cheese. Once cooked - garnish with whole basil leaves. Check this out...

D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment