Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, January 6, 2012

Sesame Ginger Pasta Salad


This recipe was adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe. It is gall-bladder friendly, very light, easy, fast and tasty. Enjoy XD

Ingredients:

  • 350g spaghetti (cooked per instructions, drained and let cool)
  • 2 and 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons water
  • 1 teaspoon white sugar
  • 1 and 1/2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
  • 1 garlic, peeled and crushed
  • 1 medium cucumber, cut into matchsticks
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
  • 1/2 green capsicum, cut into thin strips
Method:
  1. Once the spaghetti has cooled, place in a large bowl with the vegetables
  2. In a separate bowl whisk the water, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, ginger, garlic and the oil
  3. Combine altogether and serve in bowls
  4. Garnish with sesame seeds.

See! Very easy. You can also add sliced avocado, sliced red onion, shallots or coloured capsicums...D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment