Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Spicy Lamb Cutlets with Seasoned Wedges and Garlic Beans


These cutlets are to die for. They are tender, tasty, easy to prepare and absolutely beautiful. I serve them with seasoned wedges and vegetables. This recipe has string beans with garlic. It serves 4 and is D-E-L-icious  XD.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
  • 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
  • 8 lamb cutlets or lamb chops
  • 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
  • 2 handfuls of green string beans, ends removed
  • Spray oil
  • Very small amount of low-fat butter
  • Salt, garlic powder and dried thyme

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees celcius
  2. Combine all sauces, honey and the mustard in a bowl and mix well
  3. Remove fat and arrange the cutlets in an ovenproof dish and cover with the sauce mixture
  4. Cook for approximately 35 mins, turning after 20mins
  5. On a separate tray arrange the wedges, spray with spray oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, thyme and salt and cook for 30mins (same temperature as cutlets) turning after 15mins
  6. Cook the string beans any way you prefer (I steam them in a tablespoon of water in the microwave). Before serving stir through a smidgen of low-fat butter and garlic powder (or crushed garlic to taste).

No comments:

Post a Comment