Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Beef Risotto


This is the first dish I made in my new kitchen. I’ve made it before, however it was very exciting making it again with the new large food preparation area and new appliances XD.

The ingredients are:

  • 1 tblspn olive oil
  • 500g heart-smark mince beef
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic chopped
  • 1 cup uncooked rice
  • 2 carrots peeled and grated
  • 1 small tub tomato paste
  • 400g tin diced tomatoes
  • 3 cups beef stock
  • 1 cup green beans sliced into 2cm pieces
  • 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
  • Fresh basil to taste, chopped

Method:

  1. Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until onion goes clear
  2. Add mince and brown it
  3. Add rice and stir for only a minute
  4. Add carrot, tomato paste, tinned tomatoes and 3 cups beef stock
  5. Cook on a low heat, stirring often, until most of the liquid is absorbed
  6. Add beans and cook for 5 minutes more
  7. Test rice and add more stock if it’s still firm
  8. Cook until rice is tender
  9. Place into bowls and sprinkle with the cheese and chopped basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment