Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chicken & Cashew Stir Fry


Tonight I wanted something quick and healthy after a busy day out in the sun. I decided I would make a chicken & cashew stir-fry.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tblspn peanut oil
  • 500g chicken breast sliced
  • 3 cups vegetables (I used sliced carrots and green beans)
  • 3 tblspn light coconut milk (I used low-fat natural Greek yoghurt)
  • 1 tblspn fish sauce
  • 3 tblspn chicken stock
  • 1 tspn smoked paprika
  • 1 tspn curry powder
  • 1 tspn cumin
  • 1 tspn lime juice

Method:

  1. Place the vegies in the microwave in a tblspn of water and cook for 4 minutes
  2. Place the sliced chicken in the hot oil and while it’s cooking, add the fish sauce, smoked paprika, curry powder and cumin and stir well
  3. Cook for 2 minutes (remember to turn each piece over) then add the chicken stock and coconut milk
  4. Cook for another 3 minutes then add the drained vegies, the lime juice and the cashews
  5. Cook for another 3 minutes.
  6. Serve on a bed of jasmine rice and garnish with crispy fried onion rings.  D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment