Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken Fried Rice


This recipe I found in one of the Coles ‘Feed your family for under $10’ fliers. I have changed it, because in my opinion you can’t actually feed your family for under $10.00 due to the fact that Coles expect you to have some of the ingredients already in your kitchen! So this recipe is adapted to feed a family of 4.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups cooked white rice, cooled in the fridge for at least 30 minutes
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 4 chicken fillets, skin removed, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1/2 brown onion, peeled, quartered and sliced
  • 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
  • 1/2 can 400g tin corn, drained
  • 1/2 bunch bok choy
  • 1/4 red capsicum
  • 2 tablespoons soy sauce
  • 1/4 bunch corinader leaves
  • Salt & pepper to taste

Method:
  1. Heat 1 tblspn oil in large wok over medium-high heat
  2. Add eggs and stir with a wooden spoon for about 30 seconds or until just cooked
  3. Remove from wok and keep aside on a plate
  4. Return wok to the heat and add another tblsp oil
  5. Season chicken with salt & pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes either side, or until golden and cooked through
  6. Remove chicken to a plate
  7. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over medium-high heat
  8. Add onion, capsicum and carrot to the hot wok and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes to soften
  9. Add cold rice and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until heated through
  10. Season with salt & pepper, stir in the eggs, chicken, corn and bok choy
  11. Add soy sauce and continue to stir-fry for 1 minute
  12. Serve into bowls and garnish with coriander leaves
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment