Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Oriental Coleslaw


This recipe I found in the Weight Watchers book called ‘Love Your Food’, 2011. I made it tonight and it was devoured instantly and I was demanded to make it again and again :)

Ingredients:

  • 120g dried thin rice noodles
  • 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
  • 1 1/2 tbs fish sauce
  • 2 tbs lime juice
  • 1 large carrot, coarsely grated
  • 1/2 small white cabbage, core removed, finely shredded
  • 150g sugar snap peas, thinly sliced
  • 6 green shallots, trimmed thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cup small mint leaves

Method:

  1. Cook the noodles as per packet instructions.
  2. Combine sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and juice in a large bowl.
  3. Add noodles and remaining ingredients.
  4. Toss to coat in dressing.
  5. Garnish with chopped mint.
  6. You can use coriander instead of mint, or a combination of both. I used both. It serves four  … D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment