Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Chicken & Lychee Thai Curry


This is the first time I’ve made this recipe and it’s very nice. These quantities serve 4 people with rice.

Ingredients:

  • 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium red onion, sliced
  • 1 medium red capsicum, sliced
  • 150g button mushrooms, quartered
  • 1tbs red curry paste
  • 1 cup chicken stock
  • 500g lean chicken breast fillets, fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
  • 150g green beans, cut into 3cm lengths
  • 100g snow peas
  • 3tbs low-fat natural Greek yogurt
  • 16 fresh lychees peeled and pitted (or canned and drained)
  • 1 large green chilli, thinly sliced diagonally
  • 2 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally


Method:

  1. Heat oil in a wok, add onion, capsicum and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until soft
  2. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant
  3. Add stock and bring to the boil. Add chicken and simmer for 4 minutes
  4. Add green beans and snow peas and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
  5. Stir in yogurt and lychees and cook for 1 minute or until heated through
  6. Serve on a bed of rice and sprinkle with chilli and green shallots…D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment