Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Easy Coconut Slice - fat-free, egg-free


This slice is extremely simple and sweet. It only has 5 ingredients, is fat-free, egg-free, and doesn't require sifting, blending or excessive mixing. A slice is perfect with a hot cup of espresso...which I'm about to have...on my deck...in the sun...right now  XD

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup self raising flour
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1 cup skim milk
  • 1 cup caster sugar
  • 1/4 cup flaked almonds
Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven at 170 degrees celsius
  2. In a large bowl pour all ingredients except the almonds
  3. Mix and pour into either a lamington tray or a shallow silicone baking tray
  4. Sprinkle the flaked almonds on top - they brown nicely in the oven and add some crunch
  5. Cook on 170 degrees celsius for 25-30mins. The deeper the dish, the longer it will take, so keep an eye on it and check the centre when you can.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment