Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, March 19, 2012

Mexican Beef Pan Fry


I was sceptical about a mince beef dish from Weight Watchers being appetising, but it looked enticing so I made it. We all loved it. It is scrumptious, chunky and filling.


Ingredients:
  • 1 red onion finely chopped
  • 1 each of red and green capsicums cut into 1cm pieces
  • If you can get it - 1 yellow capsicum cut into 1cm pieces
  • 2 garlic cloves, crushed
  • 500g heart-smart beef mince
  • 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
  • 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
  • 1 zucchini cut into 1cm pieces
  • 3 tomatoes cut into 1cm pieces
  • 1 cup corn kernels
  • 1/3 cup low-fat natural Greek yogurt
  • Fresh coriander leaves to garnish

Method:
  1. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan (or a wok) with oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion, capsicum and garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until soft
  2. Increase heat to high and add mince and paprika. Cook, stirring to break up lumps, for 10 minutes or until well browned. Stir in chilli sauce, zucchini, tomato and corn. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-3 minutes
  3. Season mince mixture with salt and pepper. Serve topped with low fat Greek yoghurt and coriander.
  4. Nice served with rice or vegetables.  Or alternatively you can serve it with a warmed soft tortilla.  D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment