Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, March 16, 2012

Slow roasted lamb with garlic & rosemary


I usually slow cook a lamb in the slow cooker, but decided I would roast it on a very low heat in the oven today. I warmed the oven on 140 degrees celsius for 10mins while I prepared the lamb. This is how easy it was:

Ingredients:
  • Leg of lamb
  • 1 onion, peeled and sliced Asian style
  • 3 or 4 whole garlic cloves
  • Salt & pepper
  • Rosemary (I used fresh rosemary from my herb garden)
Method:
  1. In a large baking dish lay the onion wedges and garlic cloves and place the lamb on top
  2. Sprinkle salt, pepper & rosemary over the lamb and drizzle lightly with olive oil
  3. Cover with baking paper AND aluminium foil and cook for 2hrs at 140 degrees
  4. After 2hrs remove the baking paper and foil and place the backing dish back in the oven for another 2hrs to brown the meat
  5. If you want to put potatoes in - now is a good time and turn them after one hour
  6. When ready, the lamb should be very easy to remove from the bone. Place the lamb on a plate to rest and cover with foil
  7. While the lamb is resting, place the pan it was in on the stovetop with the onion and garlic still in it and make your gravy with boiled water (and gravy mix if you wish)
Serve with vegetables and pour over your lovely chunky gravy.  D-E-L-icious  XD
Gravy

No comments:

Post a Comment