Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Classic Tomato Pasta


An excellent winter warmer...

Ingredients:
  • 300g fettuccini
  • 100g bacon roughly chopped, rind removed
  • 1 large red chilli with seeds removed, chopped
  • 1 large clove garlic chopped
  • 1/4 leek sliced
  • 3 large mushrooms roughly chopped
  • 500ml tomato puree
  • Chopped fresh continental parsley
Method:
  1. Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender
  2. Drain and keep warm
  3. Add oil to a large frypan, add the bacon, chilli, garlic and leek and cook for 5 minutes, tossing regularly
  4. Add mushrooms and stir for a moment, add the tomato puree and heat til just bubbling
  5. Turn to low heat and simmer for 10 minutes
  6. Serve on fettuccine and garnish with chopped parsley. D-E-L-icious XD

No comments:

Post a Comment