Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Pork Stew with Honey and Mustard


Considering I'm not a big pork eater - I really love this pork stew. It is moist, tasty and very easy. It's slow cooked, however best if you brown the pork first and fry the onions before loading everything into the slow cooker. This is great for winter and serves 4 generous serves.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons oil
  • 1kg lean pork steak
  • 1 tablespoon low-fat butter
  • 2 large onions, peeled and sliced
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 250g button mushrooms
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 1 and half cups chicken stock
  • 2 tablespoons wholegrain mustard
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Method:
  1. Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown the pork on both sides on a high heat
  2. Place the pork into the slow cooker
  3. Add half the butter to the frying pan and cook onion until clear then add them to the slow cooker
  4. Add mushrooms and remaining butter to the frying pan and cook for 1 minute
  5. Stir in flour, cook 1 minute, then gradually add the lemon juice and stock while stirring to avoid lumps
  6. Add the remaining ingredients to the frying pan, stir and warm through for only a couple of minutes
  7. Pour everything into the slow cooker over the pork and mushrooms and cook on low for 6-7hrs.
Lovely served with pasta and vegetables covered in the juice from the slow cooker.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment