Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Thai Beef Salad


This is one of my favourite Thai dishes. This one is so healthy, lean, tasty and spicy - it's the whole kit and caboodle. This serves 4.

Ingredients
  • 600g lean rump steak, very thinly sliced
  • 1/2 red onion, peeled and very thinly sliced
  • 1/2 cucumber, quartered and cut into 1cm chunks
  • 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
  • 3 shallots, sliced into 2cm lengths
  • 1 garlic, peeled and crushed
  • 1 long red chilli, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon chicken stock
  • 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
  • 12 mint leaves, torn into halves
  • 1 tablespoon fish sauce
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 tablespoon red curry paste

Method:
  1. Prepare all vegetables, place into a large bowl, toss and set aside
  2. In a small bowl mix together the chilli paste, garlic, sugar, fish sauce, chicken stock and lime juice and set aside
  3. In a very hot wok, add 1 tablespoon of good quality olive oil
  4. When hot, add the beef
  5. Stir fry and watch it carefully. As soon as there is no red meat left, turn the heat off
  6. Add the beef to the salad (discarding the juice in the wok)
  7. Pour the dressing mixture over the beef and salad and toss well
  8. Serve on a bed of steamed Jasmine rice... D-E-L-icious  XD


No comments:

Post a Comment