Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Skinny Cheese & Herb Muffins


These muffins are low in fat, contain no oil or butter and are very tasty. They are versatile because you can add extra ingredients like ham pieces, chunks of bacon, shallots, and any herbs you want. I used mixed herbs in this batch with low-fat tasty cheese. This quantity makes 24 medium sized muffins.

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup low-fat milk
  • 2 cups grated low-fat tasty cheese
  • 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • Pinch of salt and freshly cracked pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried herbs of your choice
  • *optional: small pieces of ham or bacon, shallots, corn kernels , grated carrot or pumpkin, fetta cheese


Method:
  1. Pre-heat oven at 190 degrees celsius for 10mins.
  2. Whisk egg and milk together
  3. Stir in cheese, onion, dry ingredients and any optional ingredients
  4. If you've added optional ingredients, you may need to add extra milk to loosen it up a bit. However the mixture should NOT be runny as these muffins turn out quite moist
  5. Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tray and bake at 190 degrees celsius for 10-15mins

D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment