Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Beef & Sweet Soy Stir-fry


How good are stir fries? They are healthy, fast and versatile. What more can I say? This one serves 4 with rice.

Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 500g beef rump, all fat removed, sliced thinly
  • 2 red capsicums, thinly sliced
  • A large handful of snow peas
  • 400g jar bean shoots
  • 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 cup water
  • Jasmine rice
Method:
  1. Cook rice as per instructions
  2. On a high heat, heat olive oil in the wok and add beef
  3. Stir fry the beef until lightly browned
  4. Add capsicum and snow peas and stir fry for 2mins
  5. Add the sweet soy sauce and water, mix well and stir fry for another 2mins
  6. Add bean shoots, toss and serve immediately on a bed of rice.
D-E-L-icious  XD

No comments:

Post a Comment