Welcome to my cooking blog. My name is Michelle Jenkins. Let me start by admitting that these are NOT gourmet meals, they are NOT fine dining, but they are mine. I have cooked all of these recipes and taken my own photos. They are fairly simple recipes, most of them are quick to prepare and cook and all of them are delicious. I only post my successes! If something doesn't work out, I don't post it. I hope you enjoy this blog.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Curried Rice Salad



It's always a good idea to have some different salad recipes coming in to Summer, rather than the simple green salad. This recipe is easy, light and tasty. It's low-fat and excellent served as a side dish or by itself for lunch.

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups cooked white rice, cooled (if you have wild rice, add 1 tablespoon for extra nutty flavour)
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • 1 red capsicum, diced
  • 1/3 cup raisins
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped

Dressing:

  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/3 cup white vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons curry powder
  • 3/4 tablespoon caster sugar
  • 1 garlic clove, crushed

Method:

  1. Add all ingredients (except those needed for the dressing) into a large bowl and toss well
  2. Add the dressing ingredients to a glass jar and shake well so everything mixes together
  3. Pour over the rice mixture and gently toss.
D-E-L-icious  XD



No comments:

Post a Comment